The Conservation Society of San Antonio purchased its first piece of historic property in 1926. For the sum of $50, the ladies acquired a door to the Mission San Jose Granary to preserve the brass medallions on it, which the building’s caretaker had been removing and selling to tourists. Since then, the Society has purchased and preserved 30 historic buildings. Today, we own and maintain 17 historic buildings on seven different properties. Use the buttons below to browse their histories.