Register online for the Coalition for the Woolworth Building’s free, virtual Dream Week event on January 20, 2021, 6:00 PM.
ALAZÁN COURTS on the Westside – the foundations of the 1875 ST. JAMES AME CHURCH by San Pedro Creek – the WOOLWORTH BUILDING on Alamo Plaza. As monuments to the struggle for equity and justice, these buildings and structures need to be experienced as places.
Join us for a discussion with four expert panelists about sites related to the underrepresented narratives of Blacks and Latinos in San Antonio’s history. Panelists will outline the efforts to save three sites that are currently under threat, as well as recounting the stories of sites that have been erased from our landscape. Learn how preservation can foster a better understanding of our collective heritage and promote civic engagement.
- Dr. Sarah Zenaida Gould, Mexican American Civil Rights Institute
- Everett Fly, FASLA, co-founder of the San Antonio African American Community Archive and Museum
- Nancy Rankin, AIA, John G. Waite Associates, Architects
- Dr. Antonia Castañeda, historian and prize-winning author
- Dr. Vincent Michael, The Conservation Society of San Antonio (Moderator)
Full details on registration page.
Help spread the word with this flyer or #SaveThe Woolworth on social media.
(Wednesday) 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm CST
Coalition for the Woolworth Building