A Photographic Guide to the Many Faces of Alamo Plaza
Noted architect James Wahrenberger designed the Reuter Building with its distinctive red and buff brick. The four-story building opened in 1891 with Reuter's Saloon on the first floor, offices on the second and third floors, and the Knights of Pythias Lodge on the fourth floor ("The Reuter Building").

About this Image:
Looking south on Alamo at the Reuter Building around the turn-of-the-century. Pictured at the far left are the tower of the Dullnig Building and the Dreiss drug store. The Reuter Building stands on the corner of Alamo and Crockett Street at the far right.

Print from "Art Work of San Antonio," Courtesy of San Antonio Conservation Society Foundation
Click to Enlarge
c. 1894c. 1894
Site MapSite Map